|Yes, it was nice, shady and nyan|
This time we worked one at a time on the laptop while others remained in a managerial role. So we got double the experience. During the dojo we went through six more or less challenging tasks concocted by our sensei.
Even if you weren't there I do recommend checking them out. If you get stuck, just poke us at #geekcollision over at IRCnet. You are bound to learn a lot even if you know how streams work already. A couple of pointers to help you get started:
- Readable = source, Writable = sink, Transform = filter in Unix terms. It's just a dataflow architecture.
- In order to terminate a buffer, just push "undefined" (simple "push()" should do)
- Node's "pipe" is equivalent to that "|" you likely know already
- It is possible to stream nyancats
- Wise guys read documentation
EDIT: There is a set of really nice photos available by Daniel Schildt. Thanks a lot!